BOARD MEETING 12-11-17

MISSOURI SOCIETY OF ENROLLED AGENTS
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF DIRECTORS
DECEMBER 11, 2017
The meeting of Directors of the Missouri Society of Enrolled Agents was called to order by President, Jessica Ammons, at 7:05 p.m. on December 11, 2017 via web conference call.
Those in attendance were:
Immediate Past President, Richard Ripper EA
President, Jessica Ammons EA
Secretary, Sheryl R. Gorman EA
Treasurer, Chuck Riggs EA
Directors Present: Jim Talbott, EA, Margaret Doedtman, EA, Karen Arredando, EA, Kathy Blood, EA, Debbie Tolbert EA, and Serita Eldridge EA,
Not in Attendance were: Vice President, Patricia Sanders EA, Directors: Julie Myers EA
REPORTS:
Secretary: The minutes from the previous meeting were distributed prior to meeting and motion was made by Rich to accept, and seconded by Karen.
Treasurer: Treasurer, Chuck Riggs, presented the financial report prior to the meeting. $565 check has never cleared the bank, Rich will check on it. Karen motioned to accept the report, Sheryl seconded.
Membership Committee: Drake Update Schools: Kansas City went well Jim gave out chocolates, Kathy and Sheryl gave treat bags in Branson. All were well received. Over 100 NAEA membership brochures were given out. The last time MOSEA ordered promos was in 2015 and 2016, we are out now and items need to be purchased. We are still discussing what to do. Serita, due to illness of her grandfather did not get things to us. We understand, and wish for the best.
Education Committee: Rich trying to get course content squared away for upcoming events. Again reports that continuing education credits have been posted and all PTIN numbers were good and everything went smoothly.
Convention Committee: Jessica reports we are at Camden on the Lake in July of 2018 and Isle of Capri in November of 2018. Still looking at other locations for coming years.
Special Projects: Serita Eldridge nothing to report will update us after January.
Government Relations: EA Proclamation Week. We applied for EA Proclamation Week, it is not perpetual, and must be applied for each year, which was done by Sheryl we are waiting on the proclamation.
Budget: Nothing to report.
Audit: Nothing to report.
Communications: E-mail continues to be checked and we will push forward with the Web Page and Facebook. The phone number on the website is ringing forward to e-mail. Jessica is handling and will look at settings and call forwarding around convention time to go to her cell phone.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
NEW BUSINESS: Kathy attempted to report on Leadership, but due to technical difficulties, the report was unable to be made.
APEX attendance, NAEA Stipend has a deadline, we missed it.
Jessica expressed interest in attending NAEA Fly In, May 14-16, 2018. Serita motioned that MOSEA send Jessica with expense to be reimbursed, Rich seconded, motion carried.
The MOSEA Logo Pin designed by Kilbourne & Kilbourne was discussed, and some board members worry that the pin is not uniform with the design of the “river in the middle” of the state of the previous design that has been used. Serita pointed out that we don’t have to change the logo to get a pin. This is tabled, to be brought to a decision of the entire membership of MOSEA.
Should we have EA Pins made to sell? Tabled for further discussion.
There being no further business to come before the board, Rich motioned, and Karen seconded that the meeting be adjourned. At 8:18 p.m.

The next meeting will be Tuesday May 8, at 7:00 p.m. via phone conference.

Respectfully Submitted,

Sheryl R. Gorman EA

Sheryl R. Gorman EA
Secretary MOSEA